Monday, November 9, 2009

slideshow

Since my audience for my multimedia webtext is teens in general, I would like my slideshow to be about sports and diabetes. It will tie into my podcast in the way that it will inform them that diabetes does not have to hinder their lives and that they can still do things normal people can do. I can explain the things that may need to be done differently than normal, why it is actually healthier for them to stay active and I can add in there things about different pro athletes that have been battling diabetes. My slideshow will show these kids that you dont have to feel like you are different and that you do not have to live in fear of your blood sugar. I can use my own personal touch to set my information aside from all the other information out there so that these kids will listen to my podcast. In addition to using athletes, I can also use my cousin as an example. He is rapidly becoming a major part of the Valparaiso Cross Country Team. He made it to varsity level as a sophomore which is a pretty big deal. I think in this way, it will show these kids that you can do it. That you do not have to be an exceptional quarterback like Jay Cutler to do sports. That this goal for themselves is actually attainable and that this disease will not hold them back from doing the things they love to do. I want to be sure they are informed of some of the different things their doctors will tell them to do to be safe. I believe that this slideshow will greatly benefit my whole presentation and will be a great fit to make it more upbeat, personal, and eye catching to teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment